Standard: VDI 4068 BLATT 1
COMPETENT PERSONS - QUALIFICATION CRITERIA AND COMMISSIONING
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard describes the qualification criteria applicable to Competent Persons in the inspection of work equipment and installations subject to mandatory surveillance.
In operational practice, the selection of the Competent Persons will be guided by the work equipment being used or by the type of installation subject to mandatory surveillance. Here it is the responsibility of the employer to determine and specify which requirements Competent Persons tasked by him with inspecting work equipment must satisfy (Art. 3 Para. 6. BetrSichV).
The requirements applicable to Competent Persons derive from BetrSichV (see Art. 2 Para. 6, BetrSichV in conjunction with TRBS 1203 – Technical Rules for Workplace Safety). Additional requirements may for example emerge from:
• German Health and Safety at Work Act (ArbSchG)
• German Technical Rules for Workplace Safety (TRBS)
• codes of practice of employers’ liability insurance associations (e.g., employers’ liability insurance association regulations (BGV – Employers’ Liability Association Regulations or DGUV – German Statutory Accident Insurance Regulations), employers’ liability insurance association rules (BGR), employers’ liability insurance association information (BGI), employers’ liability insurance association basic principles (BGG – Equality for the Disabled Act))
• recognized rules of sound engineering practice (e.g., VDI Standards, DIN Standards, VDE Standards)
The qualification of employees of an approved inspection centre (zugelassene Überwachungsstelle or ZÜS) is not covered here.
|Organization:||Verein Deutscher Ingenieure|
|Document Number:||vdi 4068 blatt 1|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|VDI 4068 BLATT 11||Change Type: NEW ADDITION||Update Date: 2015-03-01||Status: ACTV|
|VDI 4068 BLATT 9||Change Type: NEW ADDITION||Update Date: 2013-04-01||Status: ACTV|
|VDI 4068 BLATT 10||Change Type: NEW ADDITION||Update Date: 2013-04-01||Status: ACTV|
|VDI 4068 BLATT 8||Change Type: NEW ADDITION||Update Date: 2013-04-01||Status: ACTV|
|VDI 4068 BLATT 7||Change Type: NEW ADDITION||Update Date: 2012-02-01||Status: ACTV|
|VDI 4068 BLATT 6||Change Type: NEW ADDITION||Update Date: 2011-10-01||Status: ACTV|
|VDI 4068 BLATT 5||Change Type: NEW ADDITION||Update Date: 2011-06-01||Status: ACTV|
|VDI 4068 BLATT 4||Change Type: NEW ADDITION||Update Date: 2011-04-01||Status: ACTV|
|VDI 4068 BLATT 2||Change Type: NEW ADDITION||Update Date: 2010-04-01||Status: ACTV|