Standard: IEC 61160
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This International Standard makes recommendations for the implementation of design review as a means of verifying that the design input requirements have been met and stimulating the improvement of the product’s design. The intention is for it to be applied during the design and development phase of a product’s life cycle.
It provides guidelines for planning and conducting a design review and specific details concerning contributions by specialists in reliability, maintenance, maintenance support and availability.
The process for design and development is outlined in Figure 1 and requirements for management of the design and development process overall are given in ISO 9001:2000. The stages at which the design review or reviews are to be held should be determined during the development of the plan for the design.
The objectives of a design review include:
• assessing whether the proposed solution meets the design input requirements that include, but are not limited to: specified general performance requirements, dependability, lifecycle costs, safety, endurance, environment, electromagnetic compatibility, human factors;
• assessing whether the proposed solution is the most robust, efficient and effective solution to achieve the product requirements;
• providing recommendations as required for achieving the design input requirements;
• assessing the status of the design in terms of the completeness of the drawings and specifications;
• assessing the evidence to support the verification of the design performance;
• proposing improvements.
Design review facilitates assessment of the status of the design against the input requirements, identification of opportunities for improvement and guides the design manager towards appropriate action. It accelerates maturing of the product by reducing the time needed to stabilize design details, and allows product realization to proceed without frequent interruptions. Design review can also stimulate early product improvement.
|Organization:||International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Document Number:||iec 61160|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|IEC 61160||Change Type: A1||Revision: 1.0||Status: INAC|
|IEC 61160||Change Type: A1||Update Date: 1994-10-01||Revision: 1.0||Status: INAC|
|IEC 61160||Change Type:||Update Date: 1992-08-01||Revision: 1.0||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 27.