Standard: AGA - ANSI Z223.1
NATIONAL FUEL GAS CODE
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This code is a safety code that shall apply to the installation of fuel gas piping systems, appliances, equipment, and related accessories as shown in 22.214.171.124(A) through 126.96.36.199(D). (A)* Coverage of piping systems shall extend from the point of delivery to the appliance connections. For other than undiluted liquefied petroleum gas systems, the point of delivery shall be the outlet of the service meter assembly or the outlet of the service regulator or service shutoff valve where no meter is provided. For undiluted liquefied petroleum gas systems, the point of delivery shall be considered to be the outlet of the final pressure regulator, exclusive of line gas regulators, where no meter is installed. Where a meter is installed, the point of delivery shall be the outlet of the meter.
(B) The maximum operating pressure shall be 125 psi (862 kPa).
Exception No. 1: Piping systems for gas-air mixtures within the flammable range are limited to a maximum pressure of 10 psi (69 kPa).
Exception No. 2: LP-Gas piping systems are limited to 20 psi (140 kPa), except as provided in 5.5.1 (6) .
(C) Piping systems requirements shall include design, materials, components, fabrication, assembly, installation, testing, inspection, operation, and maintenance.
(D) Requirements for appliances, equipment and related accessories shall include installation, combustion, and ventilation air and venting.
This code shall not apply to the following (reference standards for some of which appear in Annex L):
(1) Portable LP-Gas appliances and equipment of all types that are not connected to a fixed fuel piping system
(2) Installation of appliances such as brooders, dehydrators, dryers, and irrigation equipment used for agricultural purposes.
(3) Raw material (feedstock) applications except for piping to special atmosphere generators
(4) Oxygen-fuel gas cutting and welding systems
(5) Industrial gas applications using such gases as acetylene and acetylenic compounds, hydrogen, ammonia, carbon monoxide, oxygen, and nitrogen
(6) Petroleum refineries, pipeline compressor or pumping stations, loading terminals, compounding plants, refinery tank farms, and natural gas processing plants
(7) Large integrated chemical plants or portions of such plants where flammable or combustible liquids or gases are produced by chemical reactions or used in chemical reactions
(8) LP-Gas installations at utility gas plants
|Organization:||American Gas Association|
|Document Number:||ansi z223.1|
|Most Recent Revision:||NO|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|ANSI Z223.1||Change Type: ERTA||Revision: 15||Status: ACTV|
|ANSI Z223.1||Change Type: ERTA||Update Date: 2016-03-10||Revision: 15||Status: ACTV|
|ANSI Z223.1||Change Type:||Update Date: 1996-01-01||Revision: 96||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 59.