Standard: AAMI EC12
DISPOSABLE ECG ELECTRODES
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard establishes minimum labeling, safety, and performance requirements for disposable electrodes used for diagnostic electrocardiography (ECG) or ECG monitoring.
Included within the scope of this standard is any disposable ECG electrode system (see 3.4).
Devices excluded from the scope of this standard are active electrodes, needle electrodes, reusable (nondisposable) electrodes, electrodes intended to deliver therapeutic energy, and electrodes primarily designed for the measurement of physiologic signals other than the electrocardiogram (e.g., electrodes used with apnea monitors, if the electrode is used for non-ECG purposes, e.g., impedance plethysmography). Also, requirements for electrolyte composition are not covered by this standard.
|Organization:||Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation|
|Document Number:||aami ec12|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|