Standard: FAA - 14 CFR PART 99
SECURITY CONTROL OF AIR TRAFFIC
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
(a) This subpart prescribes rules for operating all aircraft (except for Department of Defense and law enforcement aircraft) in a defense area, or into, within, or out of the United States through an Air Defense Identification Zone (ADIZ) designated in subpart B.
(b) Except for §§ 99.7, 99.13, and 99.15 this subpart does not apply to the operation of any aircraft-
(1) Within the 48 contiguous States and the District of Columbia, or within the State of Alaska, on a flight which remains within 10 nautical miles of the point of departure;
(2) Operating at true airspeed of less than 180 knots in the Hawaii ADIZ or over any island, or within 12 nautical miles of the coastline of any island, in the Hawaii ADIZ;
(3) Operating at true airspeed of less than 180 knots in the Alaska ADIZ while the pilot maintains a continuous listening watch on the appropriate frequency; or
(4) Operating at true airspeed of less than 180 knots in the Guam ADIZ.
(c) An FAA ATC center may exempt the following operations from this subpart (except § 99.7) on a local basis only, with the concurrence of the U.S. military commanders concerned, or pursuant to an agreement with a U.S. Federal security or intelligence agency:
(1) Aircraft operations that are conducted wholly within the boundaries of an ADIZ and are not currently significant to the air defense system.
(2) Aircraft operations conducted in accordance with special procedures prescribed by a U.S. military authority, or a U.S. Federal security or intelligence agency concerned.
|Organization:||Federal Aviation Administration|
|Document Number:||14 cfr part 99|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|14 CFR PART 99||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2015-01-01||Status: INAC|
|14 CFR PART 99||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2014-01-01||Status: INAC|
|14 CFR PART 99||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2013-01-01||Status: INAC|
|14 CFR PART 99||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2012-01-01||Status: INAC|
|14 CFR PART 99||Change Type:||Update Date: 2011-01-01||Status: INAC|