Standard: FAA - 14 CFR PART 135
OPERATING REQUIREMENTS: COMMUTER AND ON DEMAND OPERATIONS AND RULES GOVERNING PERSONS ON BOARD SUCH AIRCRAFT
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
(a) This part prescribes rules governing—
(1) The commuter or on-demand operations of each person who holds or is required to hold an Air Carrier Certificate or Operating Certificate under part 119 of this chapter.
(2) Each person employed or used by a certificate holder conducting operations under this part including the maintenance, preventative maintenance and alteration of an aircraft.
(3) The transportation of mail by aircraft conducted under a postal service contract awarded under 39 U.S.C. 5402c.
(4) Each person who applies for provisional approval of an Advanced Qualification Program curriculum, curriculum segment, or portion of a curriculum segment under subpart Y of part 121 of this chapter of 14 CFR part 121 and each person employed or used by an air carrier or commercial operator under this part to perform training, qualification, or evaluation functions under an Advanced Qualification Program under subpart Y of part 121 of this chapter of 14 CFR part 121.
(5) Nonstop Commercial Air Tour flights conducted for compensation or hire in accordance with § 119.1(e)(2) of this chapter that begin and end at the same airport and are conducted within a 25-statute-mile radius of that airport; provided further that these operations must comply only with the drug and alcohol testing requirements in §§ 120.31, 120.33, 120.35, 120.37, and 120.39 of this chapter; and with the provisions of part 136, subpart A, and § 91.147 of this chapter by September 11, 2007.
(6) Each person who is on board an aircraft being operated under this part.
(7) Each person who is an applicant for an Air Carrier Certificate or an Operating Certificate under 119 of this chapter, when conducting proving tests.
(8) Commercial Air tours conducted by holders of operations specifications issued under this part must comply with the provisions of part 136, Subpart A of this chapter by September 11, 2007.
(9) Helicopter air ambulance operations as defined in § 135.601(b)(1).
(c) An operator who does not hold a part 119 certificate and who operates under the provisions of § 91.147 of this chapter is permitted to use a person who is otherwise authorized to perform aircraft maintenance or preventive maintenance duties and who is not subject to anti-drug and alcohol misuse prevent programs to perform—
(1) Aircraft maintenance or preventive maintenance on the operator’s aircraft if the operator would otherwise be required to transport the aircraft more than 50 nautical miles further than the repair point closest to operator’s principal place of operation to obtain these services; or
(2) Emergency repairs on the operator’s aircraft if the aircraft cannot be safely operated to a location where an employee subject to FAA-approved programs can perform the repairs.
|Organization:||Federal Aviation Administration|
|Document Number:||14 cfr part 135|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|14 CFR PART 135||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2015-01-01||Status: INAC|
|14 CFR PART 135||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2014-01-01||Status: INAC|
|14 CFR PART 135||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2013-01-01||Status: INAC|
|14 CFR PART 135||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2012-01-01||Status: INAC|
|14 CFR PART 135||Change Type:||Update Date: 2011-01-01||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 5 of 5.