Standard: IAEA - SSG-36
RADIATION SAFETY FOR CONSUMER PRODUCTS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
In the IAEA safety standards, a ‘consumer product’ is defined as a device or manufactured item into which radionuclides have deliberately been incorporated or produced by activation, or which generates ionizing radiation, and which can be sold or made available to members of the public without special surveillance or regulatory control after sale. Many such products, including irradiated gemstones, are sold in commercial outlets and over the Internet. This Safety Guide outlines the regulatory approach to authorizing the manufacture and supply of such products to the public, including justification, safety assessment and application of the criteria for exemption. The guidance will also assist manufacturers, transport companies and suppliers to comply with regulatory requirements during the life cycle of consumer products, including recycling and disposal at the end of their useful life.
|Organization:||International Atomic Energy Agency|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|