Standard: IEC - 61995-1
DEVICES FOR THE CONNECTION OF LUMINAIRES FOR HOUSEHOLD AND SIMILAR PURPOSES - PART 1: GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This part of IEC 61995 applies to devices for the connection of luminaires (DCL) intended for household and similar purposes, for the electrical connection of fixed luminaires of class I or class II to final circuits rated at not more than 16 A without providing a mechanical support for the luminaire. DCLs are intended for use according to their IP rating as specified in IEC 60529.
Outlets have an earthing contact and a rated current of 6 A. Plugs have a rated current of 6 A.
The rated voltage is 125 V or 250 V at 50/60 Hz.
NOTE 1 This standard does not cover integrated DCL-plugs (under consideration). This standard can also be applied to types other than those with standardised interface.
NOTE 2 In the following countries only types with a standardised interface according to IEC 61995-2 (under consideration) are allowed: IT.
DCL plugs and DCL outlets complying with this standard are suitable for use under the following conditions:
– an ambient temperature not normally exceeding 25 °C, but occasionally reaching 35 °C; NOTE 3 The effect of the heat generated by the luminaire may affect the ambient temperature local to the DCL.
– a temperature not exceeding 70 °C at the terminals of the DCL outlet including the effect of heat generated by the luminaire and the passage of current.
NOTE 4 The requirements and tests of this standard may also be used as a guide when testing DCL's which have different interface configurations or ratings.
|Organization:||International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|IEC 61995-1||Change Type: A1||Update Date: 2016-05-01||Revision: 1.0||Status: INAC|
|IEC 61995-1||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2005-03-01||Revision: 1.0||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 20.