Standard: HHS - 21 CFR PART 100
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Scope and purpose. (1) This subpart applies to the submission and consideration of petitions under section 403A(b) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the act), by a State or a political subdivision of a State, requesting exemption of a State requirement from preemption under section 403A(a) of the act.
(2) Section 403A(b) of the act provides that where a State requirement has been preempted under section 403A(a) of the act, the State may petition the agency for an exemption. The agency may grant the exemption, under such conditions as it may prescribe by regulation, if the agency finds that the State requirement will not cause any food to be in violation of any applicable requirement under Federal law, will not unduly burden interstate commerce, and is designed to address a particular need for information that is not met by the preemptive Federal requirement.
|Organization:||Food and Drug Administration (Medical Products Quality Assurance)|
|Document Number:||21 cfr part 100|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|