Standard: NFPA 130
STANDARD FOR FIXED GUIDEWAY TRANSIT AND PASSENGER RAIL SYSTEMS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard shall cover life safety from fire and fire protection requirements for fixed guideway transit and passenger rail systems, including, but not limited to, stations, trainways, emergency ventilation systems, vehicles, emergency procedures, communications, and control systems.
Fixed guideway transit and passenger rail stations shall pertain to stations accommodating only passengers and employees of the fixed guideway transit and passenger rail systems and incidental occupancies in the stations. This standard establishes minimum requirements for each of the identified subsystems.
This standard shall not cover requirements for the following:
(1) Conventional freight systems
(2) Buses and trolley coaches
(3) Circus trains
(4) Tourist, scenic, historic, or excursion operations
(5) Any other system of transportation not included in the definition of fixed guideway transit system (see 22.214.171.124) or passenger rail system (see 126.96.36.199)
(6)* Shelter stops
To the extent that a system, including those listed in 1.1.3(1) through 1.1.3(6), introduces hazards of a nature similar to those addressed herein, this standard shall be permitted to be used as a guide.
Purpose. The purpose of this standard shall be to establish minimum requirements that will provide a reasonable degree of safety from fire and its related hazards in fixed guideway transit and passenger rail system environments.
|Organization:||National Fire Protection Association|
|Document Number:||nfpa 130|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|NFPA 130||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2014-01-01||Revision: 14||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 130||Change Type: ERTA||Revision: 10||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 130||Change Type: ERTA||Update Date: 2011-07-29||Revision: 10||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 130||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2010-01-01||Revision: 10||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 130||Change Type: ERTA||Revision: 07||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 130||Change Type: ERTA||Update Date: 2008-11-19||Revision: 07||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 130||Change Type: ERTA||Update Date: 2007-07-10||Revision: 07||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 130||Change Type:||Update Date: 2007-01-01||Revision: 07||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 130||Change Type: TIA||Revision: 03||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 81.