Standard: ISO - 20088-1
DETERMINATION OF THE RESISTANCE TO CRYOGENIC SPILLAGE OF INSULATION MATERIALS - PART 1: LIQUID PHASE
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This document describes a method for determining the resistance to liquid cryogenic spillage on cryogenic spillage protection (CSP) systems. It is applicable where CSP systems are installed on carbon steel and will be in contact with cryogenic fluids.
Liquid nitrogen is used as the cryogenic medium since it has a lower boiling point than liquid natural gas or liquid oxygen and it is not flammable. Additionally, it can be safely used for experiment.
Future parts of the standard will cover vapour phase and jet exposure conditions.
The test laboratory is responsible to conduct an appropriate risk assessment according to local regulation in order to consider the impact of liquid and gaseous nitrogen exposure to equipment and personnel.
|Organization:||International Organization for Standardization|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|