Standard: ISO - 21018-4
HYDRAULIC FLUID POWER - MONITORING THE LEVEL OF PARTICULATE CONTAMINATION IN THE FLUID - PART 4: USE OF THE LIGHT EXTINCTION TECHNIQUE
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This part of ISO 21018 specifies a method for the determination of the particulate contamination level using the light extinction technique (also known as light blockage or light obscuration) either online or off-line in containers. It also defines procedures for calibrating the instruments and verifying their correct operation both in the laboratory and in service.
In general, the techniques described in this part of ISO 21018 are suitable for monitoring
— the general cleanliness level in hydraulic systems,
— the progress in flushing operations, and
— support equipment and test rigs.
The use of this method is applicable to single-phase liquid systems only.
|Organization:||International Organization for Standardization|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|