Standard: ASTM A1070
STANDARD SPECIFICATION FOR CAST AND SINTERED ALNICO PERMANENT MAGNETS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This specification covers technically important, commercially available, magnetically hard, cast and sintered permanent magnets known commonly as Alnico.
Alnico magnets have approximate magnetic properties of residual magnetic induction, Br, from 0.52 T (5200 G) to 1.35 T (13500 G) and coercivity, HcB, from 38 kA/m (475 Oe) to 175 kA/m (2200 Oe). Their specific magnetic hysteresis behavior (demagnetization curves) can be characterized using Test Method A977/A977M.
The values stated in SI units are to be regarded as standard. The values given in parentheses are mathematical conversions to customary (cgs-emu and inch-pound) units which are provided for information only and are not considered standard.
This standard does not purport to address all of the safety concerns, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user of this standard to establish appropriate safety and health practices and determine the applicability of regulatory limitations prior to use.
|Document Number:||astm a1070|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|