Standard: ISO - FDIS 12540
GLASS IN BUILDING - TEMPERED SODA LIME SILICATE SAFETY GLASS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This document covers product definitions, product characteristics, i.e. tolerances, flatness, edgework, etc., fracture characteristics, including fragmentation, and the physical and mechanical characteristics of flat tempered soda lime silicate safety glass for use in buildings.
This document does not cover curved (bent) glass according to ISO 11485.
Other requirements, not specified in this document, can apply to thermally toughened soda lime silicate safety glass which is incorporated into assemblies, e.g. laminated glass or insulating glass units, or undergo an additional treatment, e.g. coating. The additional requirements are specified in the appropriate glass product standard. Thermally toughened soda lime silicate safety glass, in this case, does not lose its mechanical or thermal characteristics.
|Organization:||International Organization for Standardization|
|Document Number:||fdis 12540|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|