Standard: IEC 60034-12 REDLINE
ROTATING ELECTRICAL MACHINES – PART 12: STARTING PERFORMANCE OF SINGLE-SPEED THREE-PHASE CAGE INDUCTION MOTORS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This part of IEC 60034 specifies the parameters for four eight designs of starting performance of single-speed three-phase 50 Hz or 60 Hz cage induction motors in accordance with IEC 60034-1 that:
– have a rated voltage up to 1 000 V;
– are intended for direct-on-line or star-delta starting;
– are rated on the basis of duty type S1;
– are constructed to any degree of protection and explosion protection.
This document also applies to dual voltage motors provided that the flux saturation level is the same for both voltages.
The values of torque, apparent power and current given in this document are limiting values (that is, minimum or maximum without tolerance).
NOTE 1 It is not expected that all manufacturers will produce machines for all four eight designs. The selection of any specific design in accordance with this document will be a matter of agreement between the manufacturer and the purchaser.
NOTE 2 Designs other than the four eight specified may be necessary for particular applications.
NOTE 3 It should be noted that values given in manufacturers' catalogues may include tolerances in accordance with IEC 60034-1.
NOTE 4 The values tabled for locked rotor apparent power are based on r.m.s. symmetrical steady state locked rotor currents; at motor switch on there will be a one-half cycle asymmetrical instantaneous peak current which may range from 1,8 to 2,8 times the steady state locked rotor value. The current peak and decay time are a function of the motor design and switching angle.
|Organization:||International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Document Number:||iec 60034-12 redline|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|