Standard: ASTM A1096/A1096M
STANDARD TEST METHOD FOR EVALUATING BOND OF INDIVIDUAL STEEL WIRE, INDENTED OR PLAIN, FOR CONCRETE REINFORCEMENT
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This test method describes procedures for evaluating bond of individual steel wire, indented or plain, for concrete reinforcement. The bond determined by this test method is stated as the tensile force needed to pull the wire through the cured mortar in a cylindrical steel casing.
The result of the test is the maximum tensile force measured on the loaded end of the wire recorded at a free-end slip less than or equal to 0.10 in. [2.5 mm].
Units—The values stated in either inch-pound units or SI units are to be regarded separately as standard. Within the text, the SI units are shown in brackets. The values stated in each system may not be exact equivalents; therefore, each system shall be used independently of the other. Combining values from the two systems may result in non-conformance with the standard.
This standard does not purport to address all of the safety concerns, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user of this standard to establish appropriate safety and health practices and determine the applicability of regulatory limitations prior to use.
|Document Number:||astm a1096/a1096m|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|