Standard: ISO - FDIS 7870-8
CONTROL CHARTS - PART 8: CHARTING TECHNIQUES FOR SHORT RUNS AND SMALL MIXED BATCHES
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This document describes ways of applying regular variables control charts to short runs and small mixed batches where the sample size for monitoring is restricted to one. It provides a set of tools to facilitate the understanding of sources of variation in such processes so that the processes can be better managed.
The charts described are process-focused rather than product-focused. The user can plot, monitor and control similar characteristics on different items, or different characteristics on an item, on a single control chart.
NOTE 1 The terms short run and small batch size are not well defined. Here, short run and small batch size are taken to mean only a few items are manufactured before a different item is then produced.
NOTE 2 For situations where the subgroup size is larger than one, other standards apply
|Organization:||International Organization for Standardization|
|Document Number:||fdis 7870-8|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|