Standard: ISO - 18203
STEEL - DETERMINATION OF THE THICKNESS OF SURFACE-HARDENED LAYERS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This document specifies a method of measuring the case hardening depth, surface hardening depth, nitriding hardness depth and total thickness of surface hardening depth obtained, e.g. thermal (flame and induction hardening, electron beam hardening, laser beam hardening, etc.) or thermochemical (carbonitriding, carburizing and hardening, hardening and nitriding, etc.) treatment.
NOTE Surface-hardened layer can be produced by mechanical method (shot blasting, shot peening, etc.). The depth of these layers is generally shallow. Measuring a profile of hardened depth may require lower test force of hardness test.
|Organization:||International Organization for Standardization|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|