Standard: ISO - FDIS 19970
REFRIGERATED HYDROCARBON AND NONPETROLEUM BASED LIQUEFIED GASEOUS FUELS - METERING OF GAS AS FUEL ON LNG CARRIERS DURING CARGO TRANSFER OPERATIONS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This document specifies minimum requirements to quantify the boil-off gas (BOG) consumed on liquefied natural gas (LNG) carriers for their own functions, notably for power generation, during cargo transfer operations. BOG in this document refers to the low molecular gas returned from shore tanks to ships’ tanks and the gas produced in ships’ cargo tanks.
This document provides requirements for the metering of BOG and the subsequent calorific value calculations which can be taken into account when the energy transferred during cargo transfer is determined. This document also introduces performance requirements and calibration of the elements included in the BOG measurement system. A flowmeter of any type may be used to measure BOG as long as it meets the performance requirements specified in this document.
This document, with some modification, can also be applied to the measurement of BOG consumed by LNG carriers at sea.
|Organization:||International Organization for Standardization|
|Document Number:||fdis 19970|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|