Standard: ISO - FDIS 18563-2
NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING - CHARACTERIZATION AND VERIFICATION OF ULTRASONIC PHASED ARRAY EQUIPMENT - PART 2: PROBES
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This document specifies the characterization tests performed at the end of the fabrication of a phased array probe. It defines both methodology and acceptance criteria.
This document is applicable to the following phased array tubes used for ultrasonic non-destructive testing in contact technique (with or without a wedge) or in immersion technique, with centre frequencies in the range 0,5 MHz to 10 MHz:
— non-matrix array probes:
— partial annular sectorial (type “daisy”);
— 2D-matrix array probes.
This document does not give methods and acceptance criteria to characterize the performance of an ultrasonic phased array instrument or the performance of a combined system. These are given in ISO 18563–1 and in ISO 18563–3.
|Organization:||International Organization for Standardization|
|Document Number:||fdis 18563-2|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|