Standard: ISO - 17075-2
LEATHER - CHEMICAL DETERMINATION OF CHROMIUM(VI) CONTENT IN LEATHER - PART 2: CHROMATOGRAPHIC METHOD
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This document specifies a method for determining chromium(VI) in solutions leached from leather under defined conditions. The method described is suitable to quantify the chromium(VI) content in leathers down to 3 mg/kg.
This document is applicable to all leather types.
The results obtained from this method are strictly dependent on the extraction conditions. Results obtained by using other extraction procedures (extraction solution, pH, extraction time, etc.) are not comparable with the results produced by the procedure described in this document.
If a leather sample is tested with both ISO 17075-1 and this document, the results obtained with this document are considered as the reference. The advantage of the method described in this document is that there are no interferences from the colour of the extract. Nevertheless, interlaboratory trials do not show significant differences (see Annex D) and the results are comparable between both methods
|Organization:||International Organization for Standardization|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|