Standard: IEC 60068-2-82
ENVIRONMENTAL TESTING – PART 2-82: TESTS – TEST TX: WHISKER TEST METHODS FOR ELECTRONIC AND ELECTRIC COMPONENTS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This part of IEC 60068 specifies whisker tests for electric or electronic components representing the finished stage, with tin or tin-alloy finish. However, the standard does not specify tests for whiskers that may grow as a result of external mechanical stress.
This test method is employed by a relevant specification (international component or application specification) with transfer of the test severities to be applied and with defined acceptance criteria.
Where tests described in this standard are considered for other components, e.g. mechanical parts as used in electrical or electronic equipment, it should be ensured that the material system and whisker growth mechanisms are comparable.
|Organization:||International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Document Number:||iec 60068-2-82|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 9 of 9.