Standard: RTCA DO-298
SAFETY ANALYSIS OF PROPOSED CHANGE TO TCAS RA REVERSAL LOGIC
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
DO-298 is an SC-147 report which documents analyses recommending changes to the TCAS II Version 7 collision avoidance logic (Section 2.0 item 2) in accordance with SC-147 Terms of Reference guidance. June 2014 RTCA List of Available Documents Page 46 of 142 The report was developed to perform a detailed analysis of the TCAS II Version 7 Resolution Advisory (RA) sense reversal logic, investigating the safety impacts of revising the collision avoidance logic to improve the performance of RA reversals for certain encounter geometries. Some encounter geometries have been shown to exist which TCAS II Version 7 may not appropriately resolve with RA sense reversals in certain airspaces. SC-147 has studied the frequency with which these geometries are operationally experienced and recommends the changes specified in this report to reduce collision risk in these encounter geometries.
|Document Number:||rtca do-298|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|