Standard: ISO - DIS 20697
STERILE DRAINAGE CATHETERS AND ACCESSORY DEVICES FOR SINGLE USE
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This document specifies requirements for sterile, single use drainage catheters, wound and fluid accumulation drainage systems, surgical drainage catheters and their components. The catheter is placed in a body cavity or wound surgically or percutaneously for drainage of fluid or air to the exterior.
The drainage catheter is left to drain naturally or connected to suction source for faster tissue granulation. This document does not apply to:
a) suction catheters;
b) tracheal catheters;.
c) uretheral catheters;
NOTE See ISO 20696.
d) Ureteral stents, biliary stents , and other stents; NOTE See ISO 14630 and ASTM F1828-97 for stents requirements.
e) drainage catheters placed in digestive tracts percutaneously with gastrostomy technique;
f) neuraxial catheters used for removal of cerebrospinal fluid;
g) enteral Catheters used for removal of solutions or substances from the gastrointestinal tract;
|Organization:||International Organization for Standardization|
|Document Number:||dis 20697|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|