Standard: BHMA - ANSI A156.34
BORED LOCKS AND MORTISE LOCKS WITH LIGATURE RESISTANT TRIM
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This Standard defines requirements and test methods for ligature resistant trim on bored locks and mortise locks. These requirements apply to the exposed parts of the lockset on the face of the door in the closed position only.
Tests described in this Standard are performed under laboratory conditions. In actual usage, results vary because of installation, maintenance and environmental conditions.
Level Qualifications. Manufacturers shall indicate the Level that their trim meets (i.e. Level A, B or C) for each side of the door. The product Level is established based on testing the Ligature Resistant Trim to the requirements established in Section 4. The inside and outside trim shall be evaluated and rated individually unless they are identical; it is acceptable for only one side to meet a level.
|Organization:||Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association Inc.|
|Document Number:||ansi a156.34|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
Standards That Reference This Standard
Showing 1 of 1.