Standard: ASTM 52901
STANDARD GUIDE FOR ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING - GENERAL PRINCIPLES - REQUIREMENTS FOR PURCHASED AM PARTS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This document defines and specifies requirements for purchased parts made by additive manufacturing.
It gives guidelines for the elements to be exchanged between the customer and the part provider at the time of the order, including the customer order information, part definition data, feedstock requirements, final part characteristics and properties, inspection requirements, and part acceptance methods.
It is applicable for use as a basis to obtain parts made by additive manufacturing that meet minimum acceptance requirements. More stringent part requirements can be specified through the addition of one or more supplementary requirements at the time of the order.
This international standard was developed in accordance with internationally recognized principles on standardization established in the Decision on Principles for the Development of International Standards, Guides and Recommendations issued by the World Trade Organization Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) Committee.
|Document Number:||astm 52901|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|