Standard: RTCA CTF-3
FINAL REPORT OF RTCA TASK FORCE 3 FREE FLIGHT IMPLEMENTATION
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The Free Flight Implementation Task Force Report underscores the need for changes in the air traffic system and emphasizes that changes should be both benefits driven and implemented in steps, such that incremental changes lead immediately to incremental benefits. This report provides the definition of free flight, addresses “dynamic density” plus other operational initiatives, and recommends a transition strategy based on the time-phased implementation of new procedures and technology. The strategy provides benefits to the entire air transportation community. The strategy also simultaneously moves the community from an analog communication, ground-based navigation air traffic control system to a digital communication, ground- and space-based navigation air traffic management system that makes increasingly heavier use of decision support systems to help air traffic service providers meet their important responsibilities.
|Document Number:||rtca ctf-3|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|