Standard: TAPPI T 435
HYDROGEN ION CONCENTRATION (PH) OF PAPER EXTRACTS (HOT EXTRACTION METHOD)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method measures the hydrogen ion concentration, expressed in terms of pH, of an aqueous extract of paper obtained by hot extraction (unfiltered and extracted by boiling water for one hour).
It may be applied to writing, printing and sized industrial paper, but it is not intended for unbuffered types such as electrical insulating and condenser papers. Values determined by this method will reflect changes resulting from heat-induced hydrolysis. Additives, such as those used in filled and coated papers can have an effect on the extract pH.
The cold extraction method is described in TAPPI T 509, “Hydrogen Ion Concentration (pH) of Paper Extracts (Cold Extraction Method).”
Surface pH measurement of paper is described in TAPPI T 529, “Surface pH Measurement of Paper.”
|Document Number:||tappi t 435|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|