Standard: IEC 60068-2-43
ENVIRONMENTAL TESTING – PART 2-43: TESTS – TEST KD: HYDROGEN SULPHIDE TEST FOR CONTACTS AND CONNECTIONS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Scope and object
– is intended to provide accelerated means to assess the effects of the tarnishing of silver and silver alloys used for contacts and connections;
– is particularly suitable for giving information on a comparative basis;
– is not suitable as a general corrosion test, i.e. it may not predict the behaviour of contacts and connections in industrial atmospheres.
NOTE In view of the limited information to be obtained from accelerated corrosion tests, particular attention should be paid to the guidance on this test given in IEC 60068-2-46. Reference should also be made to IEC 60355.
The object of this test is:
a) to determine the influence of atmospheres containing hydrogen sulphide on the contact properties of contacts made of:
– silver or silver alloy;
– silver protected with another layer;
– other metals covered with silver or silver alloy.
b) to check solderless connections made of the same material as in item a) with regard to their tightness or effectiveness.
In all tests, the major criterion of performance will be the change in contact resistance caused by exposure to the test atmosphere containing hydrogen sulphide.
|Organization:||International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Document Number:||iec 60068-2-43|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|IEC 60068-2-43||Change Type:||Update Date: 1976-01-01||Revision: 1.0||Status: INAC|