Standard: IEEE 1013
RECOMMENDED PRACTICE FOR SIZING LEAD-ACID BATTERIES FOR PHOTOVOLTAIC (PV) SYSTEMS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This recommended practice describes a method for sizing both vented and valve-regulated lead-acid batteries in photovoltaic (PV) systems. Installation, maintenance, safety, testing procedures, and consideration of battery types other than lead-acid are beyond the scope of this document. Recommended practices for the remainder of the electrical systems associated with PV installations are also beyond the scope of this document.
Sizing examples are given for various representative system applications. Iterative techniques to optimize battery costs, which include consideration of the interrelationship between battery size, PV array size, and weather, are beyond the scope of this document.
|Organization:||The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.|
|Document Number:||ieee 1013|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|IEEE 1013||Change Type:||Update Date: 2000-03-30||Revision: 00||Status: INAC|
|IEEE 1013||Change Type:||Update Date: 1990-01-01||Revision: 90||Status: INAC|