Standard: FAA - 14 CFR PART 31
AIRWORTHINESS STANDARDS: MANNED FREE BALLOONS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
(a) This part prescribes airworthiness standards for the issue of type certificates and changes to those certificates, for manned free balloons.
(b) Each person who applies under Part 21 for such a certificate or change must show compliance with the applicable requirements of this part.
(c) For purposes of this part—
(1) A captive gas balloon is a balloon that derives its lift from a captive lighter-than-air gas;
(2) A hot air balloon is a balloon that derives its lift from heated air;
(3) The envelope is the enclosure in which the lifting means is contained;
(4) The basket is the container, suspended beneath the envelope, for the balloon occupants;
(5) The trapeze is a harness or is a seat consisting of a horizontal bar or platform suspended beneath the envelope for the balloon occupants; and
(6) The design maximum weight is the maximum total weight of the balloon, less the lifting gas or air.
|Organization:||Federal Aviation Administration|
|Document Number:||14 cfr part 31|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|14 CFR PART 31||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2016-01-01||Status: INAC|
|14 CFR PART 31||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2015-01-01||Status: INAC|
|14 CFR PART 31||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2014-01-01||Status: INAC|
|14 CFR PART 31||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2013-01-01||Status: INAC|
|14 CFR PART 31||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2012-01-01||Status: INAC|
|14 CFR PART 31||Change Type:||Update Date: 2011-01-01||Status: INAC|