Standard: IEC 60034-2 SUPPLEMENT A
ROTATING ELECTRICAL MACHINES PART 2: METHODS FOR DETERMINING LOSSES AND EFFICIENCY OF ROTATING ELECTRICAL MACHINERY FROM TESTS (EXCLUDING MACHINES FOR TRACTION VEHICLES) MEASUREMENT OF LOSSES BY THE CALORIMETRIC METHOD
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The calorimetric method can be used to determine the efficiency of electrical rotating machinery:
— either by the determination of the total losses on load,
— or by the determination of the segregated losses and hence the conventional total loss by summation of the segregated losses.
Depending upon the circumstances, calorimetric measurements may be made in two different ways:
— either by measuring the quantity and rise in temperature of the cooling medium (direct method),
— or by calibration of the rise in temperature of the cooling medium.
The calorimetric measurements should be performed for each cooling circuit, either primary or secondary, separately.
The methods of loss determination given in this recommendation have been devised mainly for large generators, but the principles used can also be applied to other machines.
|Organization:||International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Document Number:||iec 60034-2 supplement a|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|