Standard: ECIA - EIA CB 5
RECOMMENDED TEST PROCEDURE FOR SEMICONDUCTOR THERMAL DISSIPATING DEVICES
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This test procedure provides standard methods for the evaluation of semiconductor thermal dissipators.
The purpose of this Bulletin is to establish standard procedures for the evaluation, calibration, and presentation of test data for semiconductor thermal dissipators. Since semiconductor and thermal dissipator temperature measurements are meaningless when test conditions are not uniform or controlled, this test procedure will define the methods for testing and presenting data on temperature measurements of semiconductor junction, semiconductor case, chassis, thermal dissipator, and ambient under both natural and forced convection environments.
The commonly used and incorrect term "heat sink" refers in practice to "heat" or "thermal" dissipators used to reduce the operating case temperature of a semiconductor by transferring heat t o an ambient fluid.
|Organization:||Electronic Components Industry Association|
|Document Number:||eia cb 5|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|