Standard: RTCA DO-308
OPERATIONAL SERVICES AND ENVIRONMENT DEFINITION (OSED) FOR AERONAUTICAL INFORMATIONAL SERVICES (AIS) AND METEOROLOGICAL (MET) DATA LINK SERVICES
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The document presents the AIS and MET data link services that are envisaged to be implemented within the next decade in both the USA and Europe. It is presented in an Operational Service and Environment Definition (OSED) form, which is based on the criteria set forth in RTCA DO-264 / EUROCAE ED-78A - Guidelines for Approval of the Provision and Use of Air Traffic Services Supported by Data Communications. The OSED describes the intended AIS and MET data link services and the assumptions about the environment in which they operate. It intends to provide the aeronautical information for pilot decision support and Collaborative Decision Making (CDM) between ground services, the flight deck, Air Traffic Control (ATC) and, as appropriate, Airline Operations Centers (AOCs) in all flight environments for flight efficiency and/or hazard avoidance.
|Document Number:||rtca do-308|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|