Standard: API 32-32747
28-DAY DERMAL TOXICITY STUDY IN THE RABBIT API 83-11 STRAIGHT RUN MIDDLE DISTILLATE (CAS 64741-44-2)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The objective of this study was to determine the toxicity of a selected petroleum-derived hydrocarbon, API 83-11, when administered to rabbits over a 4-week period by dermal application. Dosing was initiated on September 24, 1984 and was completed on October 23,1984. All animals were terminated by October 26, 1984. This study was run concurrently with two companion studies assessing two additional API compounds. These studies are reported separately as TLI projects 1711 (1) and 1711 (3). Each of the companion studies had its own control group and three treated groups.
A pilot five-day dermal study in rabbits (Phase I) was performed in order to determine the dose levels to be used during this study (Phase II). Phase I dosing was initiated on June 11, 1984 and was completed on June 15, 1984. Terminal sacrifice occurred on June 22, 1984. The report of the Phase I study is presented in Addendum I of this report.
|Organization:||American Petroleum Institute|
|Document Number:||api 32-32747|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|