Standard: LUL - 1-351
STATION DÉCOR DESIGN
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard applies to station décor design in the following areas:
• Station décor planning;
• Station entrances/exits and exteriors of stations;
• Materials and finishes;
• Cables and services;
• Use of colour;
• Lifts and escalators;
• Waiting rooms and waiting areas.
This Standard applies to all stations and parts of stations that are owned by LUL, including parts that are used by other train operators. It supports space recognition and passenger confidence as well as maintaining the corporate identity of the Underground network. This Standard does not apply to stations or parts of stations that are owned by other bodies (e.g. Network Rail or train operating companies) but which are served by LUL trains.
This standard addresses and supports the specific customer service delivery issues of:
• Accessibility and interchange;
• Station planning
• Station décor, fixtures and fittings;
• Interior of stations;
• Sightlines, visual clutter and visual space planning;
• Amenities and facilities;
• Customer and staff security;
• Branding and
• Corporate identity
Insofar as they relate to Station décor design.
This Standard shall be enforceable from September 2004.
The purpose of this Standard is to set down the means by which a consistent Standard of Station décor design quality is provided throughout the Underground system. Compliance will enable London Underground Limited (LUL) to deliver a reliable and well-managed presentation to its customers.
|Organization:||London Underground Library|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 1 of 1.