Standard: NFPA - 56F
NONFLAMMABLE MEDICAL GAS SYSTEMS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard applies to the installation and testing of nonflammable medical gas piping systems in any facility. Nonflammable medical gases include, but are not limited to, oxygen, nitrous oxide, medical compressed air, carbon dioxide, helium, nitrogen and mixtures of such gases when used for medical purposes. Chapters 1 through 5 cover systems for all hospitals and for all other facilities not meeting the criteria in 6-1.1. Chapter 6 covers systems meeting the criteria in 6-1.1.
Although oxygen and nitrous oxide are nonflammable gases, they accelerate combustion.
Wherever the term "medical gas" occurs in this standard, the provisions shall apply to all systems, Wherever the name of a specific gas occurs, the provision applies only to that gas.
This standard does not apply to the administration of inhalation anesthetics, respiratory therapy or piping systems in laboratories in health-related institutions. These areas are covered by NFPA 56A, Inhalation Anesthetics; NFPA 56B, Respiratory Therapy; and NFPA 56C, Laboratories in Health-Related Institutions.
This standard does not apply to portable systems.
|Organization:||National Fire Protection Association|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 16.