Standard: GME 60256
DETERMINATION OF BALL-INDENTATION HARDNESS OF ELASTOMERS (IRHD) - MICRO HARDNESS TEST
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The object of this test method is the accurate determination of the hardness of elastomers, between 35 and 98 International Rubber Hardness Degrees (IRHD) by a ball indentation method. It permits accurate and reproducible hardness determinations to be made on test pieces of small dimensions, e.g. lip seals or O- rings.
Three methods of test piece preparation are described in clause 3 which ensure (applicable to method A according to clause 22.214.171.124 or to method C according to clause 126.96.36.199) reproducibility of the measured hardness value.
|Organization:||General Motors Europe|
|Document Number:||gme 60256|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|GME 60256||Change Type:||Update Date: 1984-01-31||Revision: 84||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 8 of 8.