Standard: GME 60252
THE DETERMINATION OF INDENTATION HARDNESS BY MEANS OF A DUROMETER (SHORE A AND D)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The object of this test method is the rapid determination of the indentation hardness of elastomers, and thermoplastics where applicable. Preferably, this test method should be restricted to quality control purposes only. The Shore A scale should be used for the measurement within the range (30...95) Shore A, and Type D for hardnesses of above approximately 90 Shore A. If more accurate hardness results are required for elastomers, e.g. for arbitration purposes, the ball indentation hardness (IRHD) should be determined in accordance with GME 60256.
|Organization:||General Motors Europe|
|Document Number:||gme 60252|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|GME 60252||Change Type:||Update Date: 1976-03-01||Revision: 76||Status: INAC|