Standard: GME 60255
RESISTANCE OF ELASTOMERS TO LIQUIDS AND GREASES
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The object of this test method is the determination of the effect of liquids and greases on elastomers, by comparison of the values of specified properties before and after exposure to test media.
The test medium used may alter the properties of the elastomer by one or more of the following effects:
Absorption of the test medium by the elastomer.
Extraction by the test medium of soluble components of the elastomer.
Chemical reaction of the test medium with the elastomer.
The test media used for this test shall be strictly defined standard substances, or materials which are used in service in contact with the elastomer. In order to evaluate the resistance of an elastomer to liquids and greases, one or more of the following properties shall be determined before and after exposure to the test medium, and the change in that property found:
Volume to GME 60249.
Dimensions, e.g. thickness of test piece.
Hardness, to GME 60252 or GME 60256.
Tensile strength and/or elongation at break to GME 60257.
|Organization:||General Motors Europe|
|Document Number:||gme 60255|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|GME 60255||Change Type:||Update Date: 1976-04-01||Revision: 76||Status: INAC|