Standard: AAMI 14161
STERILIZATION OF HEALTH CARE PRODUCTS — BIOLOGICAL INDICATORS — GUIDANCE FOR THE SELECTION, USE AND INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This International Standard provides guidance for the selection, use and interpretation of results from application of biological indicators when used in the development, validation and routine monitoring of sterilization processes. This International Standard applies to biological indicators for which International Standards exist.
NOTE 1 See, for example, the ISO 11138 series.
NOTE 2 The general information provided in this International Standard can have useful application for processes and biological indicators not currently addressed by existing International Standards, e.g., new and developing sterilization processes.
This International Standard does not consider those processes that rely solely on physical removal of microorganisms, e.g., filtration.
This International Standard is not intended to apply to combination processes using, for example, washer disinfectors or flushing and steaming of pipelines.
This International Standard is not intended to apply to liquid sterilization processes.
|Organization:||Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation|
|Document Number:||aami 14161|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 22.