Standard: ASTM A107
TENTATIVE SPECIFICATION FOR HOT-ROLLED CARBON STEEL BARS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
(a) This specification covers hot rolled carbon steel bars of two fundamental quality classifications; namely, merchant quality and special quality as follows:
Merchant Quality is generally used for structural purposes and similar miscellaneous bar applications. It is generally not available in rounds, squares, and hexagons 3 in. and over or other bar sections weighing 40.8 lb per ft and over. In addition, merchant quality is not available in compositions specifying over 0.50 per cent carbon or 0.60 per cent maximum manganese, resulfurized steels, or other special purpose steels.
Special Quality is used for applications involving forging, heat treating, cold drawing, turning, or similar uses.
(b) The sections of bar steel covered are rounds, squares, and hexagons of all sizes; flats up to 6 in. in width and 1/6 ¾ (0.203) in, in minimum thickness, over 6 to 8 in. in width and 0.230 in. in minimum to 8 in. in width and 0.230 in. in minimum thickness; and bar size shapes under 3 in. in maximum sectional dimension.
|Document Number:||astm a107|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|