Standard: TAPPI T 553
ALKALINITY OF PAPER AS CALCIUM CARBONATE (ALKALINE RESERVE OF PAPER)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This test method covers the determination of the alkalinity or alkaline reserve of paper, or both.
A qualitative test is described that indicates the presence of carbonate. (The detection limit is approximately 5% calcium carbonate.)
A quantitative test is described that determines the alkalinity expressed as percent calcium carbonate or alkaline reserve, or both, expressed as moles per kilogram of paper.
|Document Number:||tappi t 553|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|