Standard: PAPTAC - J.25P
DETERMINATION OF DISPERSED PITCH
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method determines concentration of dispersed pitch in a pulp slurry. The method involves filtering the pulp to remove the fibers, placing a drop of the filtrate in a hemacytometer, and counting, with a microscope, the pitch particles in a known volume of liquid. The spherical shape of the pitch droplets is used to distinguish pitch from other colloidal material.
|Organization:||Pulp and Paper Technical Association of Canada, Formerly CPPA|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|