Standard: AAMI 15223-2
MEDICAL DEVICES — SYMBOLS TO BE USED WITH MEDICAL DEVICE LABELS, LABELING, AND INFORMATION TO BE SUPPLIED — PART 2: SYMBOL DEVELOPMENT, SELECTION AND VALIDATION
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This part of ISO 15223 specifies a process for developing, selecting and validating symbols for inclusion in ISO 15223-1.
The purpose of this part of ISO 15223 is to ensure that symbols included in ISO 15223-1 are readily understood by the target group.
If the symbol validation process detailed in this part of ISO 15223 has been complied with, then the residual risks, as defined in ISO 14971 and IEC 62366, associated with the usability of a medical device symbol are presumed to be acceptable, unless there is objective evidence to the contrary.
This part of ISO 15223 is not restricted to symbols intended to meet regulatory requirements or specified in regulatory guidelines on labeling.
|Organization:||Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation|
|Document Number:||aami 15223-2|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|