Standard: TAPPI TIP 0304-68
IMPROVED TECHNIQUES TO MEASURE CORRUGATOR GLUE MACHINE METER GAPS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This Technical Information Paper includes recommended operational and preventative maintenance procedures to measure the glue machine's meter roll clearance (gap between the applicator and meter rolls) to the nearest one thousandth (0.0254 mm) of an inch. One foot long (0.3048 m) feeler gauges are utilized when making this check.
During the past thirty plus years, the corrugated industry has sought improved techniques to measure the corrugator's glue machine meter gap. The meter gap is the distance between the adhesive applicator and meter rolls. These techniques are applicable to plant maintenance foremen, maintenance men, corrugator foremen, and corrugator crew members.
|Document Number:||tappi tip 0304-68|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|