Standard: API 4019
A STUDY OF SULFUR DIOXIDE IN PHOTOCHEMICAL SMOG. II
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The objective of this program is to determine the nature and extent of the interaction of sulfur dioxide with the photo-induced reactions of hydrocarbons and nitrogen oxides in airq During the first year reactions of the system SO2/l-butene/NO/air were examined. Experiments were conducted to measure the rates of formation and depletion of the principal species and the rate of increase in light scattering due to aerosol formationo SO2 concentration and relative humidity were the principal variables. During the second year the program was extended to include additional parameters such as variations in the type of hydrocarbon and the hydrocarbon/NOx ratio. The effects of added particulates on the smog reaction-sequence have been investigated. Studies have been made of the reactions of SO2 in the absence of hydrocarbons with NO, NO2, O3, and particulates.
|Organization:||American Petroleum Institute|
|Document Number:||api 4019|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|