Standard: API 4097
KINETICS OF OXIDATION AND QUENCHING OF COMBUSTIBLES IN EXHAUST SYSTEMS OF GASOLINE ENGINES
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This exhaust thermal reactor program, which is being conducted within the Departments of Mechanical and Chemical Engineering at The University of Michigan over a three-year period has the following broad objectives:
• To quantify the effects that the various chemical and physical processes have on emission characteristics of exhaust thermal reactors installed on selected typical engines operating at various conditions on a dynamo-meter test stand.
• To obtain concentration measurements of pertinent chemical species and classes at the entrance to, within, and at the exit from thermal reactors, and from this data to determine gross chemical reaction rates.
• To obtain information which will be helpful in predicting the design of gasoline engine exhaust reactors.
To develop a computer model for thermal reactors.
The program has been divided into three phases of study. These are:
Phase I - Multi Cylinder and single cylinder engine mounted reactor experimental evaluation.
Phase II Computer model development.
Phase III- Special instrumentation development and measurements.
The current report details progress during the second year. Progress during the first year was detailed in Annual Progress Report No.1.
|Organization:||American Petroleum Institute|
|Document Number:||api 4097|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|API 4097||Change Type:||Revision: 70||Status: INAC|