Standard: TAPPI T 844
DETERMINING CONSTRUCTION (NOMINAL BASIS WEIGHT) OF CORRUGATED BOARD
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method describes a procedure to determine the nominal basis weight (grade) of the components of corrugated board. It is based on TIP 0308-01, now withdrawn. Test specimens of corrugated fiberboard are treated with water so that the component layers can be separated, dried, and weighed. The goal of the method is not to determine the exact basis weights of the papers comprising a corrugated specimen, but rather to identify the probable marketing grade under which the papers were likely sold.
This method is applicable to all types of corrugated fiberboard
|Document Number:||tappi t 844|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|