Standard: API 1320
BENCHMARK ULTIMATE STRENGTH ANALYSIS - SAMPLE APPLICATION OF API RP 2A, SECTION 17
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Objectives of this Document
The primary objective of this document is to provide a sample application of the Section 17 guidelines in determining the lateral and overturning static ultimate strength of a steel jacket platform in an extreme storm or hurricane event. The documented results will provide an "acceptable" basis to verify analysis procedures, models, and results of analyses performed on other platforms.
The following information is provided in this document:
• Platform and geotechnical data
• Metocean data
• Modeling assumptions
• Load analysis results
• Capacity analysis results
• Variabilities in the loading and capacity estimates provided by Benchmark JIP participants
The capacity analysis results are provided for two cases: (1) with complete soil-structure interaction included; and (2) with fixity at the pilehead to exclude the effect of soil-structure interaction.
The range of the JIP results highlight the variations to be expected in the estimate values when different criterias, modeling techniques, analysis procedures and software are applied.
|Organization:||American Petroleum Institute|
|Document Number:||api 1320|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|